this is terrible. im spending so much time just reading cooking blogs. haha
earlier i had some of my leftover tofu loaf[that was crumbly/mushy] and i just heated it up in a non stick pan with some of trader joes roasted potatoes. i also made a smoothie with celery, green apples, mango, pineapple juice, flax meal, a little soymilk, a little peanut butter, and a little soy deliciious chocolate and peanut butter soy icecream. it kinda ended up tasting like apples with peanut butter. it was good but when i started i was aiming for an all fruit smoothie but i didnt have any banana which i wanted for smoothness and a less green flavor, so thats how i ended up adding all that other stuff at the end...
anyways, cool survery thing!
1. Favorite non-dairy milk?
im still strying to find one that really works for me. sucks that silks no longer organic
2. What are the top 3 dishes/recipes you are planning to cook?
ive been really wanting to test out some cinnamon rolls, a cheezy dish, and something with whole wheat flour
3. Topping of choice for popcorn?
i dont really usually do toppings, bu ti love kettle corn
4. Most disastrous recipe/meal failure?
i made bread a couple of weeks ago that i was really dissappointed with. it was my fault cuse i didnt let it rise nearly as long as it was supposed too
5. Favorite pickled item?
6. How do you organize your recipes?
i have a binder that in the last week ive been printing out recipes and putting them in
7. Compost, trash, or garbage disposal?
i guess mostly trash....i really need to go more green
8. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 foods…what would they be (don’t worry about how you’ll cook them)?
i guess something very healthy with alot of protein like soy based[tofu, soy beans etc] whole wheat bread, and fruit smoothies.
9. Fondest food memory from your childhood?
10. Favorite vegan ice cream?
well ive only tried soy delicious peanut butter chocolate so far and its pretty good
11. Most loved kitchen appliance?
12. Spice/herb you would die without?
13. Cookbook you have owned for the longest time?
i dont technically own any...theyre my moms. but i guess it would be better homes and gardens new cookbook. i really want to get veganomicon though!
14. Favorite flavor of jam/jelly?
thats really hard, depends on my mood
15. Favorite vegan recipe to serve to an omni friend?
itd probably be somehting baked, like cookieas or something
16. Seitan, tofu, or tempeh?
ive only had tofu so far! :(
17. Favorite meal to cook (or time of day to cook)?
probably later in the day
18. What is sitting on top of your refrigerator?
yummy trio bars, "potato crisps", and swedish fish.....we need to buy less snacks
19. Name 3 items in your freezer without looking.
meatless meatballs, asparagus, berries
20. What’s on your grocery list?
a tonn of stuff. spices, soymilk, veggies, so much!
21. Favorite grocery store?
22. Name a recipe you’d love to veganize, but haven’t yet.
23. Food blog you read the most (besides Isa’s because I know you check it everyday). Or maybe the top 3?
24. Favorite vegan candy/chocolate?
oh goodness. possibly swedish fish, pure sugar i know.
25. Most extravagant food item purchased lately?
26. If you could eat dinner at a vegan cookbook author’s home, who would it be?